As you may or may not know, I am about to launch (pun intended) a new career in aviation. To be exact, I've just finished my flight attendant training with Air North and am looking forward to my first flight on Sunday.
The training was thorough and tough, challenging and rewarding, and now I'm excited to get flying. There are obvious reasons why would be a great career, but here are a few reasons I think I'm going to like it.
1. A shared obsession with labelling. Someone has taken the time to label every compartment WITH A LABEL MAKER. It's Christa heaven. I'm considering putting my label maker in my flight bag in case it's needed.
2. I'll always be going somewhere. Even if it's just to Vancouver and straight back again, I always feel like if I'm going somewhere, I'm accomplishing something.
3. Being surrounded by great people. From what I've seen, flight attendants are like cruise ship people, we all have a certain flair for adventure.
4. The food. Not that I'll get to eat it, but I've sampled it, and I know I'm going to have some happy passengers because of it. Plus I get to serve those adorable little liquor bottles.
5. The tidying. Okay, I might have just a touch of OCD, but I love that there is a place for everything and a great excuse to be putting stuff away.
6. New places. I mean, I'm going to places like Old Crow and Inuvik. Air North has even flown to Greenland. Greenland! Totally. Awesome.
7. The swag. I've already got an Air North hockey puck, a tote bag, a number sticker and a couple pens and tomorrow I get my flight bag. This company knows the way to a girl's heart.
8. The views. I checked out the Air North Facebook page today and saw some stunning views from the airplane on route to Yellowknife. I hope I'll have lots of chances to sneak a peek out the window.
9. Reaching the stars. I'm not an engineer, or a scientist, but if there ever are commercial flights into space, for sure there will be space flight attendants. This is my ultimate mission. Totally possible. ;)